Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring has sprung

Spring has sprung
the grass has ris
I wonder where the birdie is.
The birdie's on the wing.
Nooo, that's absurd
the wing is on the bird.

Sorry, my father is fond of that particular rhyme and I figured that it's my turn to subject some poor innocent to dreadful doggerel.

If it weren't for the fact that spring means it's time to drag myself back to Australia I would be loving it because it's really a very gorgeous time of year. The days are long, the sun is shining, the trees are starting to blossom, the squirrels are out and about.


We went for a walk in the woods. There are 2 small boys somewhere in those trees.


Yasin found a snail shell. He freaked out a bit when he realised that a beetle had found the shell before him and made a home in there.


We decided against following the path any further. I might ignore a stop sign and a locked gate but never a red shirt tied across the path.

No comments: