Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Granada


I3 was really excited about going to Granada when he found out that it had a pomegranate on its coat of arms. I've never known anyone who loves pomegranates like that boy does. Unfortunately for him we arrived on a Saturday night and the fruit shop didn't open until Monday so he spent most of Sunday nagging us about the 'vommygranite shop'.
We visited the Alhambra. Bee loved it but I was a bit underwhelmed, maybe because there wasn't much in the way of signage or information I found it hard to imagine it back in the day. The boys loved the water features in the gardens they would have loved them even more in summer when I would have let them splash about a bit.

This is one of the rulers of the Alhambra. The kitties own the place (and it kinda smells of cat).



My little man tripped up a few times on the cobble stones. After a nasty tumble we had to go to the first aid station where a paramedic applied a band-aid and sympathy.

No comments: