Sunday, September 5, 2010

Congratulations DinoBoy


I'm having a bit of a moment here. One of those nauseating proud Mummy moments that makes everyone want to vomit. Turn away now if you don't want to hear how amazing my son is. On Sunday my little DinoBoy had his first ever ski races.

The races were funnee. Other than DinoBoy my favourites were the boy who assumed the position and missed half the gates and the little girl with hot pink bases who whizzed down in a snow-plow and nearly wiped out at the bottom (she won the littler kids race).
We judged that maybe DinoBoy had gone fast enough for a 3rd so we were pretty chuffed with him.
I nearly fell off my chair when they called out 1st place. It was DinoBoy!!! I'd put down the phone when he didn't get called for 3rd so there was a mad scramble to find it and get a picture.


For a moment there I channeled Damir Dokic. It's a heady moment when your little boy wins the under 5 ski race.


He's kind of shy is DinoBoy so he was pretty unsure about all the attention but he was also really, really happy. It's not easy being 16 months younger and always coming second to your brother.

2 comments:

Lulu said...

OMG we have a podium shot!

LOVE it xoxoxo Well done Dinoboy

Unknown said...

You go DinoBoy!!