Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I rode the pipe!

Oh yes I did!!
I never saw myself in the park. I'm more an off-piste/back-country kinda girl (in my head at least - the half-hour I once spent digging myself out of some powder shall not be spoken of) but on Sunday before last I had an hour to kill and the pipe was empty. Someone has to ski there....
I'm still sort of surprised that I tried it but you know what - it was fantabulous. Heaps faster and steeper than I expected and it was less uniform than it looks from outside. It was really icy on skier's right where the wind had scoured it and has some fresh blown into the middle. I haven't had an adrenaline rush like that for ages.
I might just go back.
Sometimes it's good to take a jump out of your comfort zone :)

I didn't have my phone because it was in the Mountain man's pocket so here are some other people's pictures.


Here is one of the sucker being built.


And here is the finished product.

No comments: